Guests of The Continental, get ready because John Wick: Chapter 4 is coming home. The fourth installment of the action-packed franchise is set to arrive on digital on May 23, 2023, and home media June 13, 2023, from Lionsgate.
Directed by Chad Stahelski and written by Shay Hatten and Michael Finch, John Wick: Chapter 4 stars Keanu Reeves in the titular role. He’s joined by franchise regulars Laurence Fishburne, Lance Reddick, and Ian McShane, and newcomers Donnie Yen, Bill Skarsgård, Hiroyuki Sanada, Shamier Anderson, Rina Sawayama, and Scott Adkins.
John Wick: Chapter 4 Home Media Details
In this latest chapter, John Wick uncovers a path to defeating The High Table, but he must face a new enemy with powerful alliances across the globe, and forces that turn old friends into foes. With non-stop action, incredible stunts, and an all-star cast, this movie is sure to keep audiences on the edge of their seats from start to finish.
Fans can experience the thrill of John Wick: Chapter 4 in various formats at the suggested retail prices, including 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray and Digital) at $42.99, Blu-ray Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital) at $39.99, DVD $29.96, and On Demand.
For those who can’t wait to own the movie, the digital release on May 23 is a great option. It provides an early opportunity to enjoy the film from the comfort of your own home. And for those who prefer physical media, the combo pack and Blu-ray options offer an enhanced viewing experience with their high-quality resolution and bonus features.
4K ULTRA HD / BLU-RAY / DVD / DIGITAL SPECIAL FEATURES
- Chad and Keanu: Through Wick and Thin: Chad Stahelski and Keanu Reeves have a partnership that stretches all the way back to the first Matrix film. In this retrospective piece, we trace their remarkable friendship and decades-long collaboration.
- Train Like a Killer: Weapons Master Robert “Rock” Galotti and Keanu Reeves reveal the rigorous training that Keanu had to endure to make John Wick: Chapter 4 a reality – from gunplay, to jiu jitsu, to some hard-hitting stunt work.
- Making A Killing: In John Wick, sets are not merely the backdrop for each scene – they are integral parts of the action, with Wick often using whatever is on hand to take the fight to his enemies. Here we explore the craft at play in designing the sets of John Wick: Chapter 4 and the ways set design and action choreography go hand in hand in this legendary series.
- The Psychology of a Killer: Chad Stahelski explores the psychology of John Wick, a character who, despite four films, is still a mystery in many ways. We unpack the complicated code of ethics that Wick lives by, and the ironic bonds he shares with the men trying to kill him.
- The Blind Leading the Fight: John Wick: Chapter 4 witnesses the arrival of Caine, a blind killer played by legendary actor and martial artist Donnie Yen. With a style not seen since The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi, Caine shows that a killer’s greatest instincts come not from his eyes, but from his mind. Here we uncover Yen’s journey on this film, exploring his prep for the role, his insight into the character, and his intense training regimen to portray this unlikely killer.
- Suit Up / Shoot Up: Costume Designer Paco Delgado uncovers the cooler-than-cool suits worn by the assassins of John Wick that feature bulletproof lining – just what every killer needs for a night out on the town. We also explore the more refined looks of the Marquis and the Old West-inspired garb of the Tracker.
- Packing a Punch: Pulling off a kill takes a village. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the way Team Wick incorporates special effects into the practical stunts and locations of the film.
- One Killer Shot: John Wick: Chapter 4 features one of the boldest single-take shots ever attempted in action filmmaking. Fight Choreographers Jeremy Marinas and Laurent Demianoff team up with Stunt Coordinator Scott Rogers to dive into the creative challenges that went into planning this one-shot sequence that sees John Wick take on Paris’s deadliest killers.
- Killing at the Speed of Traffic: Take a look at a nonstop action sequence featuring John Wick’s car-fu at the Arc de Triomphe! The driving force of this piece will be a look at the effects achieved at the iconic location, and sets the stakes of every assassin in Paris descending on Wick.
- A Shot in the Dark: The John Wick series takes audiences into a world that is both thematically and visually dark. For film crews, that meant enduring hundreds of night shoots, with crews switching to a virtually nocturnal mode of life for long stretches of production. Here we explore the tenacious work of cast and crew members who tough it out night after night in pursuit of Wick’s dark, iconic aesthetic. Along the way, we explore some of the most iconic night scenes in the film, culminating with Wick’s brutal staircase fight.
- In Honor of the Dead: In creating John Wick: Chapter 4, Chad Stahelski drew on references from some of the greatest films ever made. Uncover the cinematic homages depicted in the film, from David Lean to John Woo, to the samurai epics of post-war Japan.
- Theatrical Trailer 1
- Theatrical Trailer 2
John Wick: Chapter 4 Amazon Exclusive Limited Edition
On top of the standard release, Amazon is also offering an exclusive 4K Combo Pack that comes with exclusive content. The John Wick: Chapter 4 Amazon Exclusive Combo Pack is a 3-disc edition that comes with the 4K UHD, Blu-Ray, and ‘World of Wick.’ The ‘World of Wick’ is detailed below:
Over four films, the John Wick universe has expanded from a story of a man trying to avenge his dog to a massive world full of international intrigue and assassins. In this 20 minute exclusive, learn about the massive creative process that brings forth the many new locations and players that enter into the fray. Director Chad Stahelski joins Cast and Crew to guide fans through his creative process and tribulations that have culminated in this epic fourth installment.
From the high rises of Osaka, to the chateaus of France, allies and enemies alike characterize this one of a kind cinematic experience. We meet Wick’s ally Akira, played by legendary J-pop star Rina Sawayama, and discover the extensive training she had to go through to bring this unique character to life. Then, the foes of Wick, like Bill Skarsgard’s Marquis, set killer obstacles and an unforgettable final duel.John Wick: Chapter 4 Amazon Exclusive Product Description
John Wick: Chapter 4 is a must-see for fans of the franchise and action movies in general. The digital and home media releases provide multiple options for fans to enjoy the movie and relive the thrill of John Wick’s latest adventure. With a cast of talented actors and non-stop action, this movie is sure to be a hit.
ABOUT JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 4
Release Date: On Digital May 22, 2024, on Home Media on June 12, 2023.
Directed by: Chad Stahelski
Screenplay by: Shay Hatten and Michael Finch
Based on Characters Created by: Derek Kolstad
Produced by: Basil Iwanyk, Erica Lee, Chad Stahelski
Executive Producers: Keanu Reeves, Louise Rosner, David Leitch, Michael Paseorn
Runtime: 2h 49m
MPAA Rating: R
Post Credits: 1 After Credits
Cast: Keanu Reeves, Donnie Yen, Bill Skarsgård, Laurence Fishburne, Hiroyuki Sanada, Shamier Anderson, Lance Reddick, Rina Sawayama, Scott Adkins, and Ian McShane
John Wick (Keanu Reeves) takes on his most lethal adversaries yet in the upcoming fourth installment of the series. With the price on his head ever increasing, Wick takes his fight against the High Table global as he seeks out the most powerful players in the underworld, from New York to Paris to Osaka to Berlin.
Are you excited about John Wick: Chapter 4? Do you get drinks knowing it’s going to be a long movie? Which characters would you want to see spin-off movies or series for? Let us know your thoughts and theories on social media!