Crunchyroll Expo is bringing the best of anime to fans in person in San Jose, and virtually to wherever the fans may be.
This weekend, August 5-7, 2022, Crunchyroll Expo will be taking place in San Jose, CA. The Expo will be both in person and online, allowing fans all over the world to experience the best in anime in the way only Crunchyroll can. Fans who aren’t able to make it to San Jose will still have opportunities to view select panels available on demand and streamed live through New Crunchy City TV from August 5–7, 2022, with an additional digital replay available until August 9, 2022. While fans in-person will get to experience New Crunchy City immersively. Get the full information from the Crunchyroll press release below.
RELATED: Crunchyroll Announcements from Japan Expo 2022
Crunchyroll Expo 2022 – New Crunchy CIty
WHAT: Crunchyroll Expo is the yearly celebration of all things anime, featuring unique panels, exclusive merchandise, music and performances, and world premieres. This year’s show will both be in-person and online, with select panels available on demand and streamed live through New Crunchy City TV August 5–7, 2022, with an additional digital replay available until August 9, 2022.
In person, fans will be transported to New Crunchy City, a bustling anime metropolis featuring more than 520,000 square feet of anime immersion, including four distinct districts:
- The Central Shopping District featuring over 100 exhibitors
- The Arts District, home to more than 150 artists
- The Theater District, showcasing anime premieres and screenings with more than 80 panels and over 60 special guests.
- The Super Arcade, featuring all day gaming.
New to this year’s event is the New Crunchy City Music Fest, bringing fans three days of jam-packed performances including rock band SiM, ATARASHII GAKKO! and Burnout Syndromes.
This year at Crunchyroll Expo, fans will be welcomed back to New Crunchy City and can expect:
- World and Domestic Premieres including Mob Psycho 100 III (world premiere), BLUELOCK, TONIKAWA: Over The Moon For You ~Uniform~ Special Episode, In/Spectre Season 2, and Kaina of the Great Snow Sea (world premiere).
- Exciting Panels including Bungo Stray Dogs featuring Masahiko Minami and Chiaki Kurakane, Chainsaw Man Panel by MAPPA and Crunchyroll, The Rising of the Shield Hero Round Table (Virtual Panel), Do It Yourself!! Premiere, SPY x FAMILY Dub Cast Q&A and so many more.
- Anime is for Everyone panel series celebrating the diverse voices within the anime community, including Rosalie Chiang from Turning Red, host/influencer Chris Lam, and Cheyenne the Geek among many others. .
- Fan Meet and Greets with the creative staff, musicians and voice actors, including the CEO of MAPPA and Executive Director of Chainsaw Man (Manabu Otsuka, Makoto Kimura), voice actor Zeno Robinson (Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO, My Hero Academia), producers/creators of The Rising of the Shield Hero (Kosuke Arai, Hiromitsu Iijima, MADKID), Director and Character Designer Kinoshita Baku (ODDTAXI), and many more.
- New Crunchy City Music Fest will feature Japanese rock band SiM performing a full headline set including the first-ever live performance outside of Japan of The Rumbling, the hit opening theme for Attack on Titan: Final Season Part 2,. Other performers include Sevenn, Young Bombs, Shihori, James Landino, Burnout Syndromes and ATARASHII GAKKO!.
- The return of Crunchyroll-Hime’s Cosplay Cup, with incredible cosplay creators competing from all over the world.
- A showcase from Crunchyroll Games on the latest titles, partnerships, launches and more, with in person demos for hit games titles including Princess Connect! Re: Dive, My Hero Academia: The Strongest Hero, Bloodline: The Last Royal Vampire, Mitrasphere, and the debut of new song and music video titled “Pull for Your Heart,” debuting exclusively at Crunchyroll Expo from NIJISANJI EN (with a special appearance from Crunchyroll-Hime in the video!).
- New single titled “Pull for Your Heart,” debuting exclusively at Crunchyroll Expo from NIJISANJI EN (with a special appearance from Crunchyroll-Hime in the music video!).
- Hololive Showcase Experience, featuring an immersive slate of experiences to bring fans closer to their favorite holoLive Vtube talent. For more information on holoLive talent, fans can head over to Crunchyroll News now for an in-depth set of interviews with IRyS and Myth!
RELATED: New My Hero Academia Season 5 OVAs Available Now on Crunchyroll
WHERE: San Jose Mcenery Convention Center and Online
- In person – 150 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95113
- Online – https://www.crunchyrollexpo.com/
- Tickets are nearly sold out! Three-day badges can be purchased here.
WHEN: August 5-7, 2022 live; August 5-9, 2022 online
Are you attending Crunchyroll Expo? Will be you participating in person or virtually? Who are you cosplaying as? Let us know what you think and share all your predictions and anticipations with us on Twitter.
KEEP READING: Marvel Returns to Disney’s D23 Expo With Incredible Lineup of Panels, Events, and More