The 2023 Anime Awards are fast approaching, and Crunchyroll has announced an all-star list of talent to serve as the presenters for this year’s awards ceremony. Ahead of this weekend’s award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan, you can find out more on the impressive list of talent who will be participating in the seventh annual Crunchyroll Anime Awards.
ALL-STAR GUEST LIST OF PRESENTERS ANNOUNCED FOR ANIME AWARDS 2023
This year’s presenters for the awards show will feature filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard, WWE Superstar Zelina Vega, NFL player Juju Smith-Schuster top streamers, and more.
Speaking on the news, writer and director Robert Rodriguez said in a statement via a press release, “I love anime, it’s an art form that has always inspired me. For the creators, it’s unbound creativity and freedom of expression, where they can make truly iconic, creative worlds and characters.” He added, “Anime is a crucible for new ideas and fresh perspectives in entertainment. So I’m very excited to help celebrate the grand winners being honored at the Crunchyroll Anime Awards in Japan.”
Meanwhile, NFL wide receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs Juju Smith-Schuster added in his own statement, “I have been a huge anime fan since I was a kid. It has been a part of my whole life, till this day, it has helped me so much. I’m an NFL athlete and I get to represent this anime world. So for me to present an Anime Award to some of the greatest shows in the world, it’s the best.” Smith-Schuster is set for the show fresh off a Super Bowl LVII victory.
Here is the full list of announced talent for this year’s Anime Awards ceremony:
- Aidan Hutchinson, American football defensive end for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League.
- Finn Wolfhard, actor, musician, and director (Stranger Things, Pinocchio, Ghostbusters, IT)
- Hunter Schafer, actress and artist (Euphoria and the upcoming The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes)
- Jacob Bertrand, actor (Cobra Kai)
- Juju Smith-Schuster, American football wide receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League
- Robert Rodriguez, film director, screenwriter, producer, cinematographer, editor and musician (Desperado, From Dusk Till Dawn, Alita: Battle Angel)
- Zelina Vega, WWE Superstar
- Sykkuno, one of the largest streamers on YouTube Gaming (9.8M+ followers)
- Valkyrae, one of the biggest female streamers in the world (13M followers) and the co-owner of 100 Thieves
Crunchyroll will also have more global talent and musical performances at the event. The Crunchyroll Anime Awards is a yearly awards program honoring the creators, musicians, and performances across streaming and theatrical powering the global love of anime. This year’s awards feature nominees across 30 anime studios, eight streaming platforms, and 50 series and films, along with more than 50 voice actors.
The 2023 Anime Awards will be held on Saturday, March 4, 2023 at the Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa in Tokyo, Japan. The ceremony will be hosted by renowned voice actress Sally Amaki and entertainer Jon Kabira. The show will feature creators and talent behind some of the community’s favorite shows.
The great news is that fans will also be able to watch the show live. The Anime Awards will be streaming live on Crunchyroll’s YouTube and Twitch channels. In India, the Anime Awards will be streamed exclusively on Sony LIV. The event will be supported by Sony Music Solutions, part of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., who are helping Crunchyroll in the execution of this year’s awards show, which is being streamed for audiences across the globe.
What do you think of the news? Do you like the presenters on tap for the 2023 Anime Awards? Will you be checking out the ceremony? Let us know what you think about the subject on The Illuminerdi Twitter account.