The Justice League is ready to defend America from the rise of Nazis and put a stop to World War II in the new DC animated movie, Justice Society: World War II.
The movie continues the success of Superman: Man Of Tomorrow and will tell the story of the first incarnation of the Justice league, the Justice Society. The movie’s plot follows the modern day Flash, Barry Allen, as he travels back in time the era of the second World War.
RELATED: WB CONSIDERING JSA SPIN-OFF FILM BASED ON BLACK ADAM’S RECEPTION: EXCLUSIVE
The previously released Justice Society: World War II trailer showed off some promising scenes from the new movie and looks to continue the top notch animation being used in this new era for DC. Not only does the trailer show off the new character designs used, but also reveals that the King of Atlantis, Aquaman, will be included in this early team of heroes. and will help in the efforts to send the modern Flash back to his time. Check out the new clip from Justice Society: World War II below.
Justice Society: World World II Extras
DC and WB has also revealed some of the goodies that will come with both the physical and digital versions. Here are some of the included extras with the Justice Society: World War II movie.
• DC Showcase – Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth! (New Animated Short) – Jack Kirby’s beloved DC comic creation features the last civilized teenage boy on a post-apocalyptic Earth ruled by talking animals. In this short, Kamandi and his friends Prince Tuftan of the Tiger Kingdom and humanoid mutant Ben Boxer are kidnapped by a gorilla cult dedicated to finding the reincarnation of their god, The Mighty One. Golgan, the cult’s leader, puts Kamandi’s team through a series of deadly tests to find if any of them know the secret of … The Mighty One.
• Adventures in Storytelling: Justice Society: World War II (New Featurette) – The film’s creative minds chat about the methods used to produce the touchstone sequences in Justice Society: World War II.
• A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One.
• Look Back – Justice League vs. Teen Titans (Featurette) – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Justice League vs. Teen Titans, a 2016 thriller that follows Damian Wayne’s induction into the Teen Titans. Complicating his training is the growing presence of Raven’s satanic, world-conquering father Trigon, whose escape plan from his inter-dimensional prison includes spreading his demonic forces across the globe, infiltrating the minds and bodies of the Justice League to do his bidding. To save the universe and prevent a literal hell on Earth, the Teen Titans must rescue – or defeat – the Justice League, and intern Trigon for all eternity.
• Look Back – Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (Featurette) – An intriguing glance into the production behind 2019’s Wonder Woman: Bloodlines, which finds Amazon Princess Diana helping a troubled young girl enlisted by a deadly organization known as Villainy, Inc., whose criminal members have their sights set on invading Themyscira. The expansive adventure is packed with brutal battles, mysterious mythology, and endless wonder!
It sounds like Justice Society: World War II will help to continue drawing in fans new and old of DC animated movies. What do you think of these extras and the trailer? Make sure you comment below and on our social media channels and keep your history books open with The Illuminerdi for more news and content.
KEEP READING: DC ANNOUNCES TITLES COMING TO DC UNIVERSE INFINITE IN MARCH 2021