Gearbox shares awesome updates about all things Borderlands at PAX East 2022.
Borderlands is Gearboxes smash hit first-person RPG looter that has dug its way to the hearts of millions. With multiple sequels, a movie, and spin-offs, especially Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, the franchise is stronger and more popular than ever! Plus, after what they announced at PAX EAST 2022, fans of the franchise will not be able to contain their excitement for all the loot and vault-hunting goodness Gearbox has in store for all the vault-hunters out there.
First, Gearbox Dropped A Pile of SHiFT… Keys
As a thank you to players of Bordlands 3 and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Gearbox shared a couple of SHiFT keys with everyone. SHiFT keys gift players of the games free keys used to unlock chests in the game. These chests tend to generally have higher-tier items. You can find some in-game, but it’s never a bad thing to have more.
- Borderlands 3 Diamond SHiFT Key: WHKTJ-WF5SC-F6RBC-HJB33-3R5HB
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands SHiFT Key: BTXT3-W3H6J-6CBCW-JBTJJ-XZW9F
RELATED: tinyBuild Hello Neighbor Exclusive Interview: We Learned the Neighbor’s Official Name at PAX 2022
In addition to the SHiFT Keys, it was announced that Borderlands 3 will go full cross-play! This spring cross-play with PlayStation will finally be here allowing for players to loot together regardless of their gaming platform. Having bought multiple copies of a few games to play with friends on different consoles, full cross-play will never not be incredible news to me.
We also got some mention of the upcoming Borderlands film, but the big news is that we are getting more Tales from the Borderlands later this year! These new adventures were developed in-house by Gearbox Software and published by 2K. We don’t know any exact details yet but rest assured we will share them immediately after we find out. Our biggest question is, will Rhys get another adventure, and will Troy Baker reprise his role?
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is Just Beginning
Gearbox shares some Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands stats, and they are impressive. Most notably almost 30% of players have never played a Borderlands game before. Here are some of the dev team’s favorite stats:
- In total, 6.8 billion guns, spells, and weapons have been looted;
- Players have killed nearly 4.5 billion skeletons – assuming an average height of 5’6, that’s enough bones to reach to the moon and back ten times! Players have also crushed 2.3 billion crabs, wasted 2.2 billion wyverns, and sent 275 million Sea Wargs to a not-so-watery grave;
- Casting and slashing were two of the big combat evolutions in Wonderlands. Players have made 2.6 billion spell kills, along with 2.4 billion melee kills and 2 billion ground slams; and,
- Wonderlands players cleared more than a billion dungeons and 2 billion encounters (and at the same time, also discovered 2 billion mimics).
An in-depth look of the in-real-life (IRL) edition of Bunkers & Badasses was also shared. The game that is being played by the characters in Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is now fully available IRL for players to play rather than play symbolically in a game. The best and coolest way of course is with the Bunkers & Badasses Deluxe Edition which will come with miniatures, cardboard standing pieces, a board, some character sheets, and more. The rulebook is also available for a much more approachable price.
Gearbox Main Theater Show PAX East 2022
Gearbox had a lot more to share with every, with games like Relic Hunters Legends, Tribes of Midgard, and an update on the Gearbox Loot Store to name a few. Watch the entire Main Theatre presentation below.
What did you think about the Borderlands updates? Do you have any specific characters or stories you would like explored in Tales from the Borderlands? Would you rather play Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands or Bunkers & Badasses? Let us know in the comments below and share your gamertags with us on Twitter.
KEEP READING: TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge First Impression at PAX East 2022