Disney+ has announced six new original shorts from the Ice Age franchise coming to the streamer in April of this year.
Official Ice Age: Scrat Tales/Disney+ Press Release
BURBANK, Calif. (February 22, 2022) – Disney+ has released the key art for “Ice Age: Scrat Tales.” “Ice Age: Scrat Tales” is a series of six all-new animated shorts starring Scrat, the hapless saber-toothed squirrel of the “Ice Age” adventures, who experiences the ups and downs of fatherhood, as he and the adorable, mischievous Baby Scrat, alternately bond with each other and battle for ownership of the highly treasured Acorn. Featuring the vocal talents of Chris Wedges (Scrat) and Karl Wahlgren (Baby Scrat), the series is produced by Anthony Nisi, with Robert L. Baird and Andrew Millstein serving as executive producers. “Ice Age: Scrat Tales” will debut on Disney+ on April 13.
- “Nuts About You” – Directed by Michael Berardini and Donnie Long. Story by Michael Berardini.In “Nuts About You,” Scrat meets his son Baby Scrat and experiences the pure joy of being a new parent—until Baby Scrat sees The Acorn for the first time.
- “LoFi Scrat Beats to Sleep/Chill to” – Directed by Donnie Long and Matt Munn. Story by Donnie Long.In “LoFi Scrat Beats to Sleep/Chill to,” Scrat pounds out a percussive lullaby to get a crying Baby Scrat to fall asleep.
- “X’s and Uh-O’s” – Directed by Donnie Long and Drew Winey. Story by James Young Jackson and Drew Winey.In “X’s and Uh-O’s,” Scrat demonstrates for Baby Scrat how to plant The Acorn, but Scrat is really the one being taught a lesson.
- “Nutty Reflections” – Directed by Donnie Long and Eric Prah. Story by Galen Tan Chu.In “Nutty Reflections,” Scrat and Baby Scrat run after The Acorn into a dark cave, which resembles a creepy funhouse hall of mirrors.
- “Teeter Toddler” – Directed by Jeff Gabor and Donnie Long. Story by Galen Tan Chu.In “Teeter Toddler,” thanks to a dodo bird, Scrat and Baby Scrat end up on opposite sides of a log held up by a single branch.
- “Nut The End” – Directed by Lisa Allen Keane and Donnie Long. Story by Michael Thurmeier.In “Nut The End,” The Acorn goes flying off a cliff. With it seemingly gone forever, can Scrat and Baby Scrat live in harmony?
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, along with The Simpsons and much more. In select international markets, it also includes the new general entertainment content brand, Star. The flagship direct-to-consumer streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, Disney+ is part of the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment.
The service offers commercial-free streaming alongside an ever-growing collection of exclusive originals, including feature-length films, documentaries, live-action, and animated series, and short-form content. With unprecedented access to Disney’s long history of incredible film and television entertainment, Disney+ is also the exclusive streaming home for the newest releases from The Walt Disney Studios. Disney+ is available as a standalone streaming service or as part of The Disney Bundle that gives subscribers access to Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. For more, visit disneyplus.com, or find the Disney+ app on most mobile and connected TV devices.
What are your thoughts on Ice Age: Scrat Tales coming to Disney+? Let us know in the comments below. Also, be sure to come back to The Illuminerdi to be notified of more news and updates like this in the future!
KEEP READING: THE ICE AGE ADVENTURES OF BUCK WILD CAST AND CREW ON WHAT AUDIENCES SHOULD GET FROM THE FILM