The Pentaverate marks the return of Mike Myers and his brilliant ability to play multiple characters all at once.
Legendary actor Mike Myers is back with a new series of his own creation, The Pentaverate. During the Black Plague, five brilliant men realized the cause but were labeled as heretics by the church. To protect the world, they formed a secret society to influence world events and ensure the future of humanity. This secret society-influenced comedy will feature Mike Myers doing what he does best, playing a bunch of different characters. This time he will play 8 of them. Get a glimpse in the teaser trailer.
The Pentaverate Official Teaser
Joining Myers is a stellar cast that include, Ken Jeon, Keegan-Michael Key, Debia MAzar, Richard, McCabe, Jennifer Saunders (who will also play multiple characters), Jason Eccleston, and Lydia West. Secret societies always allow for some crazy but also kind of relevant takes on world events, and I expect a lot of the world’s crazy to be acknowledged in the series. I can’t wait to see their take on why the world has suddenly turned everything into cake. However, the obvious draw of the series is the characters, and Netflix has graciously provided some character descriptions and images for us to get to know the a bit better.
First Look Images
Meet the characters of The Pentaverate: Mike Myers will be playing eight new characters including:
- Ken Scarborough: An old-school Canadian news journalist who sets out to expose the Pentaverate and win his job back
- Anthony Lansdowne: A New England conspiracy theorist, determined to expose the Pentaverate
- Rex Smith: A far-right radio host and highly prominent conspiracy theorist
- Lord Lordington: The Pentaverate’s oldest and highest-ranking member.
- Bruce Baldwin: Former media mogul
- Mishu Ivanov: Ex-Russian oligarch
- Shep Gordon: Former Rock-N-Roll manager
- Jason Eccleston: A tech genius who invented the Pentaverate’s super computer, MENTOR
Ken Jeong is Skip Cho: A casino mogul with extensive knowledge in the chaos theory of weather patterns.
Keegan-Michael Key is Dr. Hobart Clark: A nuclear physicist, recruited into the Pentaverate to resolve the climate change disaster.
Debi Mazar will be playing Patty Davis: The highly trusted Executive Assistant to the Pentaverate — some would say the brains behind the whole operation.
Richard McCabe is Exalted Pikeman Higgins: Head of the Liechtenstein Guard, the Pentaverate’s security force.
Jennifer Saunders will appear as The Maester of Dubrovnik and Saester of Dubrovnik.
- The Maester of Dubrovnik: The head investigator for the Pentaverate, who is summoned from his ancestral home in Dubrovnik to investigate the suspicious deaths.
- The Saester of Dubrovnik: The Maester’s sister and protector of the parce clavem, the spare key for the Pentaverate’s voting apparatus, which is hidden in Dubrovnik.
Lydia West is Reilly Clayton: A young woman working at the Canadian News Station with Ken. She goes on the adventure with him to expose the Pentaverate — all while hiding a secret of her own…
The familiar voice you hear is Jeremy Irons, who serves as the narrator of the series.
Check out some of the characters in their incredible character posters below:
The Pentaverate premieres on Netflix on 5/5 (May 5, 2022)
About The Pentaverate [pen-tav-urr-uht]
Release Date: 5/5 (May 5, 2022)
Cast: Mike Myers, Ken Jeong, Keegan-Michael Key, Debi Mazar, Richard McCabe, Jennifer Saunders, Lydia West
Creator / Executive Producer: Mike Myers
Director / Executive Producer: Tim Kirkby
Executive Producers: John Lyons, Tony Hernandez and Lilly Burns for Jax Media; and Jason Weinberg
Episodes: 6 x 30 minutes
What if a secret society of five men has been working to influence world events for the greater good since the Black Plague of 1347? As this new series begins, one unlikely Canadian journalist finds himself embroiled in a mission to uncover the truth and just possibly save the world himself. Remember, the Pentaverate must never be exposed!
Are you ready to learn the secrets of The Penterverate? What secrets do you already know? Did I cover this because I thought that was The Illuminerdi logo and it was too late to back out once I started? Let us know what you think in the comments below and share all your conspiracies with us on Twitter.