Warner Bros. Discovery has announced some of the panels and other events they will have in store for New York Comic Con 2022.
Warner Bros. Discovery/New York Comic Con Official Press Release
Burbank, CA – September 12, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery is back in New York City, with fan-favorite shows, comics and more from an incredibly wide line-up across the combined divisions of the company, with a series of can’t-miss panels, activations and more, from Thursday, October 6, through Sunday, October 9.
HBO Max and DC’s Doom Patrol will take to the main stage with fan favorites like Brendan Fraser, Diane Guerrero, April Bowlby, Joivan Wade, and Michelle Gomez. On the show floor, fans can walk into Titan’s DC S.T.A.R. Labs (Booth 1001), an interactive lab facility complete with hero testing stations, supersuit reveals, fan giveaways, surprise guest appearances, and much more. They can hear more about how the lab will play a pivotal role in season four of DC and HBO Max original series Titans when star Brenton Thwaites, showrunner Greg Walker, and more to be announced cast take the mainstage to talk about the hit show.
HBO will also give a first look at the final season of His Dark Materials, with executive producers Jane Tranter and Dan McCulloch and series stars Dafne Keen, Amir Wilson, and James McAvoy. Fans will also be treated to a screening of the season three premiere of Pennyworth: The Origin of Batman’s Butler, with series stars Jack Bannon and Ben Aldridge along with executive producers Bruno Heller and John Stephens.
And fans of frights have a lot to look forward to, with original adult animated series Velma pulling the mask off the origin of the unsung hero of the Scooby-gang, Velma Dinkley. Executive producer Mindy Kaling, who also voices Velma, along with showrunner Charlie Grandy and special guests offer a sneak peek at the first episode. Travel Channel is also bringing real paranormal investigators, the Ghost Brothers Dalen Spratt, Juwan Mass, and Marcus Harvey will give fans exclusive intel on the new season of their discovery+ series Ghost Brothers: Lights Out.
DC is bringing comic guests, announcements and more, with DC CCO & Publisher Jim Lee there to host a panel full of surprise guests talking about what’s next in comics and more,as well as a Harley Quinn 30th pop-up activation, fan giveaways and more–make sure you’re following @DCComics on social for updates and additional announcements.
The youngest of fans and their families can join the Cartoon Network festivities with a sneak peek under the hood of DC’s first-ever Batman preschool series, Cartoonito’s Batwheels with all-star voice cast Jacob Bertrand, Xolo Maridueña, Lilimar, AJ Hudson; a Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo! screening; and a special conversation with acclaimed director Genndy Tartakovsky.
And fans of the long-running genre favorite Supernatural will get a sneak peek at The CW’s eagerly awaited upcoming prequel series The Winchesters, from Warner Bros. Television.
Warner Bros. Discovery New York Comic Con Highlights Include:
- HBO Max will share exclusive first looks at the HBO original series His Dark Materials, as well as Max Original/Warner Bros. Television series Titans, Doom Patrol, Pennyworth: The Origin of Batman’s Butler, and the first episode of Warner Bros. Animation’s Velma, and a look at season two of award-winning audio-series Batman: The Audio Adventures.
- Discovery+ brings fans on a journey into the supernatural with the Ghost Brothers: Lights Out, as series stars Dalen Spratt, Juwan Mass, and Marcus Harvey give fans exclusive intel on the new season of their hit discovery+ series.
- DC fans can find out what’s coming next for the Super-Villains and Super Heroes of Gotham City, what’s next for the Man of Tomorrow, and what’s coming up in the DC Multiverse.
- Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation roll into New York with Cartoonito’s Batwheels, with a special cast and crew panel and screening featuring the premiere of two never-before-seen episodes.
- Cartoon Network and Adult Swim bring legendary creator Genndy Tartakovsky with President of Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, and Boomerang, Michael Ouweleen together for a conversation about what’s next for animation. Plus stay for the first U.S. premiere of Tartakovsky’s next project Unicorn: Warriors Eternal.
- The CW and Warner Bros. Television present a pilot screening of The Winchesters, the highly anticipated prequel to the long-running hit drama series Supernatural, followed by a Q&A with members of the creative team.
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will unveil three dynamic new animated films at New York Comic Con with world premieres and panels of Aqua Teen Forever: Plantasm, Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons and Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind. There will also be a special screening of Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind Wednesday, October 5. Fans can apply to attend via email to [email protected]. The body of all fan RSVP emails need only include the (1) name of the entrant, (2) valid email address, and (3) the number of tickets being requested (limit two per entry). Tickets to the event will be distributed on a “first come, first served” basis, and fans will be notified via email on September 19. Please note that Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind is Rated R and anyone under 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
What are your thoughts on this? Are you excited to see what Warner Bros. Discover has in store for New York Comic Con this year? Let us know in the comments below. Also, be sure to follow The Illuminerdi on social media to be notified of more news and updates like this in the future!
Source: Warner Bros. Discovery