The Logitech G CLOUD makes cloud gaming easier and more accessible than ever!
Cloud gaming is one of the most amazing technologies ever created. It does not have the fanfare it deserves. Gamers are able to play fully rendered, at peak console quality, streams of the biggest games seamlessly anywhere they are with an internet connection. Imagine, playing Halo, Gears of War, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, instantly wherever you are. Why are you imagining it? You can literally do that right now, with Xbox Game Pass. The need for upgrading consoles and maintaining a top-of-the-line PC is going away. Just a functioning smartphone and a strong internet connection allow gamers to play the latest and greatest games.
Related: Discord Is Unleashed On Xbox
However, the ability to access the games is not the same as the ability to play the games. Let’s face it, playing most non-mobile intended games on a touch screen is a terrible experience. If you make the mistake of trying to play a ranked match, your KD and teammates will suffer. Xbox has made it very simple and made it so you can pair your controller to your smart device and essentially turn your device into a console and screen. There are also a multitude of Bluetooth controllers you can buy. But now you’re killing your battery and running the risk of notifications bombarding your game. That’s where the Logitech G CLOUD comes in.
Logitech G Cloud Makes Cloud Gaming Quick and Simple
Logitech has announced the Logitech G CLOUD Gaming Handheld, a purpose-built gaming device for cloud gaming. This new cloud gaming solution includes precision gaming controls, a full 1080p HD screen, impeccable battery life, and a lightweight, sleek form factor that enables players to enjoy libraries of PC and console games from the cloud in a fun, new way. The Logitech G CLOUD Gaming Handheld was developed in partnership with Tencent Games and supports cloud streaming from Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and NVIDIA GeForce NOW, with plans to incorporate other cloud gaming services such as Stadia and Luna in the future.
“Cloud gaming is a super-exciting new way to play games. I love that you can access game libraries from anywhere. What we wanted to do was challenge ourselves to build a device that was perfectly optimized for cloud gaming. This meant precision controls – similar to a high-end Xbox controller – a large HD screen, amazing battery life and lightweight design so players can enjoy long gaming sessions, without any compromises.”Ujesh Desai, Vice President and General Manager of Logitech Gaming
“Xbox Cloud Gaming was built to enable players around the world to access Xbox games whenever they want, on the device of their choosing. At Xbox we’ve been on this journey to bring the joy and community of gaming to more people, and we’re excited to see Logitech G launch a cloud-gaming device that will delight players with Xbox games in more places.”Catherine Gluckstein, Vice President Xbox Cloud Gaming at Microsoft
“NVIDIA GeForce NOW is an open cloud gaming service that streams over 1,400 PC games, including over 100 that are free-to-play. It’s great to see Logitech G optimize the experience so gamers can enjoy their favorite PC games in an incredible new way.”Phil Eisler, Vice President and General Manager of GeForce NOW Cloud Gaming at NVIDIA
The Logitech G CLOUD can also stream local games from an Xbox console with the Xbox app and the Steam games via SteamLink in addition to cloud gaming from Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and NVIDIA GeForce NOW. Players will also be able to download remote play apps, video streaming, and more via the Google Play Store. The Logitech G CLOUD is an Android device that will operate on the Android 11 OS with Google Mobile Service and will come with Google Play Store. Long story short, the Logitech G CLOUD has a lot of potential beyond just cloud gaming.
Logitech G Cloud Key Features
- Comfortable Play All Day – With a 12+ hour battery life and weight of only 463g, players can enjoy extended gaming sessions.
- Full HD – The large 7-inch full 1080p HD touchscreen touts a 60Hz refresh rate and a full-screen 16:9 gaming experience that is unique to handhelds.
- Precision Gaming Controls – Performance and feedback rival the best controllers with haptics, gyroscope, and remappable controls.
- Sustainability – All Logitech G products are certified carbon neutral, meaning that the carbon impact of the product has been reduced to zero due to Logitech’s investment in carbon offsetting and removal projects. The packaging of this product is also made from paper sourced from FSC®-certified forests and other controlled sources.
Logitech G CLOUD Specs
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G (SD720G)
• Octa-core up to CPU 2.3GHz
• LPDDR4x 4GB + UFS 64GB
• A / B / X / Y buttons
• L & R analog joysticks
• L & R bumpers
• L & R analog triggers
• L & R option buttons
• G button and Home button
Sense Control and Feedback
• Haptics feedback
• 3D Gyroscope
• Light sensor
• WiFi: 2×2 MIMO, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4GHz/5GHz
• Bluetooth 5.1
• USB 3.1 USB-C x 1
• 7” IPS, multi-touch screen, 450 nits
• 1920 x 1080 FHD, 60Hz refresh rate
• 3.5mm stereo audio jack
• Stereo speaker
• Stereo microphone, with echo canceling
and noise suppression
• Bluetooth 5.1, with aptX support
• Digital USB-C headphone support
Battery and Charging
• 6000mAh battery; ~12 hours cloud game
play time (under normal play condition,
50% volume and 50% brightness); up to
~830 hours standby time
• Quick Charge 3.0; ~2.5 hours for full
charge in power-off mode
• microSD Card
• 256.84 mm x 117.21 mm x 32.95 mm (40.45
• 463 g
• Android 11, with Google Mobile Service
(comes with Google Play Store)
• Dedicated game launcher
• Intuitive gaming UI/UX experience
• Cloud gaming and local streaming
• Mainstream gamepads mapping
• Remappable gamepad controls
• Classic Android tablet launcher
• Google GMS apps including Google Play
• Game platform apps (Xbox Cloud
Gaming (Beta), Nvidia GeForce NOW,
Xbox, Steam Link)
• Over-the-air firmware and software update
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech G CLOUD Gaming Handheld is expected to be available on LogitechG.com and at North American retailers, like Amazon, in October of 2022 for a suggested retail price of $349.99. If you pre-order now, the Logitech G Cloud is $299.99 for a limited time. More information can be found on Logitech’s site. The Logitech G CLOUD Gaming Handheld will be unveiled at Logitech’s inaugural Logi Play event, a landmark event celebrating gaming and streaming culture. Learn more about the event here.
Source: Logitech G